Week-08 (10/17/2021) – Circular
Week-08 (10/17/2021) – Circular
Welcome to week-8 of the 2021-22 academic year. Monthly test #2 would be administered for grades Adv. KG, 2-8 this week.
Upcoming important dates:
Oct 17 2021: Test -2 (applicable only to Adv. KG, Grades 2 to 8)
Oct 31 2021: Halloween Event (3 to 5 PM) at Livermore Community Park, Folsom, CA. Last date to RSVP: Oct 16 2021 (calendar invite sent to all Parents & Students).
Books for current year (for all grades):
Book distribution is closed. Please reach out to the school principal if you have not picked up your textbooks and/or story books yet. There are few students yet to pick-up their textbooks in Grades 6, 7.
Class participation, & engagement:
Students are strongly encouraged to participate and engage on their own during the instructional time. Parents’ help in setting up the student’s instructional environment and making it distraction free is appreciated. However, Parents should not prompt or assist students when teachers are engaged with their students. This may impact teacher’s instructional methods and student evaluation process.
Testing guidelines & expectations:
- All monthly tests and finals are “closed book.” “Trust is given” in this case and we expect our students and parents to adhere. Plagiarism is unacceptable.
- Parents should not help their child with the questions on these assessments. When parents help on the questions, it invalidates the results.
- All students MUST turn on their camera at all times during the test period
- All students are expected to have a distraction free environment to work on their tests. Parents are requested to provide that. Students should get a good night’s sleep and eat a full breakfast before the test.
- Teachers will upload the question paper to your Google classroom before start of class
- Students are expected to either download and print the question paper or write the test on a separate paper with questions numbered
- At the end of the test, all students are expected to upload a “legible” copy of their answer papers to their Google classrooms (or as per their class teacher’s guidelines)
- Oral exam would be conducted as per individual class teacher’s guidelines with the same requirements of closed book, & originality
Assembly: School will start with a virtual assembly at 9:45 AM. After assembly, students are required to join their individual classroom sessions conducted by their respective teachers.
Parents, teachers and students should have calendar invites already for the assembly session. Teachers & students are requested to join the assembly through the live stream link available in their sactamilacademy.org’s calendar.
Upcoming class assembly performance:
Oct 24 2021: Grade 6, section B
Oct 31 2021: Grade 6, section C
Nov 5 2021: Grade 5, section A
Attendance: Attendance is a key component of our grading system as you all should know. Attendance will be marked by the attendance officer during the live classroom session (weekly Sunday 10-11:30 AM). Arriving after 10.15 am or leaving before 11.15 am will be marked as Tardy. Don’t forget that 100% attendance for the academic year gets a special recognition at the end of the year.
Conversation Videos by AKT (grades KG, 1, & 2):
Conversation videos by AKT are made to be part of the curriculum for Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2. Access is available to those videos on the CTA / ITA webportal for the respective teachers and parents.
Here are the links to documents on “How to access Conversation Videos by AKT” for different roles:
Teachers – https://tinyurl.com/ConversationVideos-Teachers
Parents – https://tinyurl.com/ConversationVideos-Parents
Instruction method: Classes are conducted through Google classroom & meet. All new students by now should have received and activated their sactamilacademy Google workspace logins. If not, please reach out to their teachers and/or principal(s). For security reasons, all students & teachers must join or access the content and meeting ONLY through the authorized sactamilacademy.org Google workspace. Since this facility allows each student to have a full google account, Parents are responsible to monitor their child’s activities, progress, & assignments.
For all other technical support and/or questions, please reach out to administration team below:
|Principal||Rajarajan Thangavelu||(916) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice Principal||Kavitha Manoharan||(916) email@example.com|
Online Tamil library resources:
2021-22 Academic Year Calendar
2021-22 School Assembly Calendar
Kavitha & Raj
STA Administration team